Wednesday, July 30, 2014

1. Write list

I have not been very efficient with my allotted energy lately and I've just realized the reason.  Lack of my usual list.  I find I get up in the mornings, wander out of my room and just stand there like I've emerged onto a new planet and have to figure everything out fresh that morning.  I see that there is a dog and a cat hovering around me and I know they want food and water and potty but I just stand there thinking about it and also thinking gee, I'm hungry.  Oh, look at all those dishes.  Oh, and the dishwasher is full, but it is clean, so it needs to be unloaded.  Oh and the cat puked over there.  Oh, and I need my meds.  And so for the first hour or so of my day, I just wander around like a pinball in an old-fashioned arcade machine touching on every one of those and completing none of them.  The rub is this.  That hour is supposed to be my BEST hour.  At least it used to work that way.  My mind was at its clearest.  My physical symptoms at the minimum.  Now, I'm not sure what has changed but, it could be the lack of a list.  I can remember having a list that helped guide me through normal chores and kept me on the path of accomplishment but for some reason, I've gotten away from it.  I guess it was those months of not being able to do more than the bare minimum.  Tomorrow, I will reinstate the list.  Here is a template:

1.  Change all animal water - 4 bowls
2.  Feed dog
3.  Measure cat's consumed food and record it.
4.  Feed cat.
5.  Give cat pill.
6.  Make smoothie for me.
7.  Make toast for me.
8. Take pills
9.  Scoop litter boxes
10.  Put clean dishes away
11.  Wash dirty dishes.
12.  Take bath.
 
I know that seems elementary but, if it is not laid out like that, I can't remember to do stuff.  Can y'all?  I got up at 8:15 this morning and now it is noon and I just finished that list.  No, I did not do anything else except text my neighbor.  That's all.  But, I did not have the list to go by.  Tomorrow, when I have the list, I think I will save myself at least an hour and a half of standing around in utter confusion.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment