Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pretty things I made out of string and various yarn bombs

My friend Sharon is credited with teaching me how to crochet one Sunday afternoon last year.   I have unfortunately become kind of a maniac.  It is such a soothing, rhythmic action.  And the yarns are so soft and pillowy.  I just love it. It calms me.  My hands do get stiff if I'm working on a tight row (the amigurimi, especially) but I use an ergonomic thingy for the hook and that helps some.  Mostly, I just have to put it down every 10 min. or so. Now, I don't strive for perfect pieces.  I am not that gal.  I strive for pretty good.  Happy there.  Pics below of some stuff I've done.  The yarn bombs are super fun.  Right now there is only one up, the telephone pole one, oh, and also my cane is always bombed.  I have made a few other cane bombs so, will put those on my cane and photograph too, at some point.  I made those extras to give away so, if you know someone who'd like one and it would make them feel better about using their cane, email me.








No comments:

Post a Comment