Sunday, June 15, 2014

Like Christmas morning in 1977

So, in '77 I was 9 yrs old (I think, I'm not super strong with math anymore.  Never was, really).  I don't know what I got for Christmas that year but, my joy this morning feels pretty comparable to what I estimate it was on that day.  Ginormous.

I just took a medium-sized walk with Oscar and came home with a bit of energy leftover and also, DID NOT REGRET HAVING DONE IT!  That is a giant step forward no matter how you look at it.  From every angle, a blessing, a gift.  (My walks come in sizes like french fries, small, medium, large.)  It is super humid already this morning and probably low 90's.  

Also, my super sweet husband noticed that I left my cane at home and was worried that I maybe needed help since I didn't tell him I was going to be attempting a medium walk and he expected me home in small walk time.  He was pulling out of the driveway to find me while we were just passing in front of the neighbors house on the way home.  (I have 2 canes and 2 wheelchairs.  A wheelchair lives in the back of the car always, or ideally, always.  The other is for inside the house.  Or if I want to walk O from it and husband has inconveniently driven car to work.  I have a single cane, standard, regular that I use to go on walks ONLY.  This cane is no good to me if I may need to stand still at all.  The other, my regular, everyday one, I call Pokey, is quad-footed.  I had left quad Pokey home and Tim had forgotten about single Pokey since he doesn't see me use it very often. So he thought I was actually out in the world with NO cane. Don't I wish.)

About an hour later........had enough energy to unload and reload the dishwasher and have a bath.

Am now going to make zucchini salad for my lunch and then, fingers crossed, actually make a batch of granola bars before my nap.  I know, I know.  Lofty goals for me this day.  I will go slow.  Listen to my body talk and if it says, no Ma'am, no granola bars today, I will obey.  

So fun to type this and be smiling.  So fun.  Monumentally fun.  

Have happy, happy days!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you Marie for your posts! Enjoying reading your story in your words. Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweetness, I'm glad you enjoy. Love you too! ~M

      Delete