Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Eating with Awe

For now, begin to look at your body and your soul with wonder. With every morsel you eat, do not presume to understand the mystery that you are. Instead be in awe of each moment of life that courses through your veins, of each breath you inhale and exhale.

-from Table of Plenty

Dear Lord, let me be aware of the beauty that is the creation of my body.  Let me be accepting of what I perceive to be imperfections or inconveniences.  Let me know that my view of myself is not your view of me, the only view that matters.  Others' views ceased mattering long, long ago.  Help me to be peaceful in this skin vessel you've provided for my soul.  Help me to understand that the incredible engineering involved in keeping it operational is beyond me, and beyond man in general, or there would be no illness.  Help me to surrender the youthful beauty it once held with grace and accept the new beauty that is ageing.  With every morsel I feed myself, let me feel your love for me.  Amen

On a similar "body maintenance" topic, I need a nap DESPERATELY.  Let's see if I can succeed.

Have happy happy days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment