Thursday, August 7, 2014

We are Soul Vessels

https://www.facebook.com/lovesongeventsandphotography
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26188527/parents-use-professional-photographer


I saw these photos a few days ago and they have really stayed with me.  I am not a mother.  But, the strength of the love they felt for that child is something which brings me to tears.  The body was the vessel of her soul so, I think it is the loveliest thing possible to capture the image of that soul vessel.  Some will not agree and will turn away in distaste.  I say, how can you not see the love, the celebration that her soul was with them for all those months, even if in the womb?  Would that we all could feel the depth of blessing of children and celebrate all souls, even the ones in vessels which are old or infirm, disabled or injured.

So, my small epiphany from Monroe is this:  I am a living soul grateful for every single second.  The seconds which are joyful, full of laughter.  Those full of awe at my beautiful world.  Those which are so overwhelmingly painful I wish to sleep and not awaken.  Those which I do not know how I will go on in the face of the difficulty.  All of them.  This vessel is less beautiful than the one captured in those pictures, in my opinion but, it is the one I'm given and I will HONOR it.  It is His gift to me, along with so many other blessings.  It houses my soul and that, is the precious part of me.  Not my legs, not my nerve endings, not my sometimes functioning brain.  My soul.

I had no idea I was going to have a weepy day.  But, there it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment