Monday, September 1, 2014

A bit of pre-vacation anxiety

This is due to a repeated nightmare.  I have had it 3 more times since I wrote Love and Twitches on 8/20/14.  I keep waking up screaming.  REALLY screaming, loud enough to bring Tim to me from across the house.  Here is what is happening:  I am dreaming something innocuous.  I never remember what but, it is never a dream where there is any danger.  Then suddenly, I am seeing black and receive two blunt hard hits to my head.  It is painful, but more the jolt and the surprise take me back.  And, I'm highly aware that it is not related to the previous dream so, the only other option is that it is really happening to my head and I wake up screaming.

On our upcoming vacation, we will be in a mini-suite of our own but, ships probably don't have super thick walls, so I imagine if this happens, I will definitely wake others.  I guess it can't be helped.

The really sad part is that I used to look so forward to my sleep.  Now, I am growing anxious about it.  It is a horrifying way to wake up.  I much prefer the dreams where I am killed in my sleep by my family member.  This sudden, out of nowhere attack to my head when I am at my most vulnerable, it is terrifying.  It has not happened during nap time, thankfully, only between 2 and 5 am.

I need to see Dr. L about it.  I'm booking an appt for when we come home.

Have happy happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment