Tuesday, June 26, 2007

6/26/2007

Last night was the first night ever, since I've been free from abuse, that I woke to the sound of snoring, and I did not have the automatic impulse to run, to leave the room.  I actually listened to the snoring and calmly drifted off to sleep.  I think I make have broken through that particular demon.  My back hurts a bit this morning, as do some other areas but, I did sleep on the floor all night. I think I will have  to heal gradually rather than instantly.  I am just trying to be gentle with myself.  Sometimes when something is hurting I make myself think he no longer has any power over me.  It is over.  Maybe if I keep telling myself this I will start to really feel healed deep down.

I am waiting for the counselor to call me back.

Went for a walk this morning .  I'm so grateful for my friendships with both my parents.  I have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment