Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The First Blog

I'm not sure what I expect to get or learn from writing some thoughts in a blog but, the Lord has me guided to this point for some reason.

I am at such a good place in my life right now. It feels only right to look back a bit and reflect on the journey that got me here. Specifically the journey that began after March 13, 2005. That is the day I woke up and was in too much pain to walk on my own. I was 36.

Life is sometimes bisected by huge events. Life before you met your husband, and life since then. Life before the birth of your first child, and life since then. Life before the accident. Life since then. For me, a huge event, one I allowed to define me for too long, is that I somehow acquired fibromyalgia. Life before it I remember as painless, sweet, and so, so, long ago. Even the horrors I suffered in my first marriage are somehow not as awful in my memory since those occurred in the pre-fibro time. Life since 3/13/05 has been a rocky road. I actually think of myself as a wholly different person now. There is no part of who I am left untouched by the fact that I live with this challenge.

I think there may be somebody out there who could benefit from what I have learned.  Maybe I will learn more by putting things down on monitor.  Who knows?  Anything is possible.

Now, I must nap.  Happy days, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment