Friday, December 7, 2012

This Winter, Pay Extra for Good Lotion

When I turn on the heat in the house, I require lotion on my skin.  Not just lotion, good lotion.  If I don't do it, then when my skin itches, I scratch the area, and it hurts like a fresh bruise.  Somehow, I forget that scratching even lightly will have consequences other than relieving the itch.  So, invest in something deep penetrating, moisturizing, and fragrance-free.  What good is it if the smell of jasmine, or tangerine or whatever sends you into a migraine spiral?  Unscented is the new good smell.  I actually like Curel Ultra Healing.  I am super frugal so it always bugs me a bit to spend more when I can get other stuff cheaper but, lotion is something that you get what you pay for. 

Also, my sleep mask is fantastic.  If I don't put it on before a nap, I may not fall asleep.  And I really need to fall asleep.  With the mask on, I guess my brain is fooled into thinking that it should rest.  Ahhh... darkness....  Blessed, blessed darkness. 

I'm already wearing one set of sunglasses indoors, with my blinds all closed.  That's how light sensitive I get.  It happens gradually, follows the path of tiredness.  I need to get some lunch in me pronto and get to bed.  I spent too long writing Christmas cards just now....

Happy, happy days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment