Monday, December 28, 2015

Flux and Lala

Symptoms are in a state of flux, as always.  My super great neuro doc did prescribe a new med for migraines (happens to be the exact mixture of Excedrin Migraine but in prescription strength, including all that caffeine).  The first time I took it, I slept only 4 hours that night.  I need not go on about how much a disaster the next few days were.  And further, it didn't work on the migraines.  I'm a caffeine-free girl.  It doesn't like me, I don't like it.  If we cohabitate, we do so in dark chocolate, and in small doses.  That's it.  So, a few days of the last week were spent in bed with full on big bloomed migraines.  Yesterday, Tim suggested trying the old med again, and what do you know, it worked!  No headache so far today.

I know a woman who has the disease I have and is homeless.  I cannot tell you how my heart hurts for her.  I think of what it takes for me, even within these warm walls and on cushy furniture, to get my body comfortable.  And then I think of the fact that she was living out of her car the last time we saw each other.  That was a couple months ago.  She could no longer work, as many with fibro end up having to stop.  Her children had to go and live with their father in another town.  She literally had nothing coming in to feed herself, there were no medications, etc.  I cannot even get in touch with her because her phone was a pay as you go, and she rarely turned it on in order to save minutes.  No one we mutually know has heard anything from or about her.  Imagine for a moment the sheer despair.  Its like Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane.  She is alone.  She hurts.  She's probably always hungry. There isn't an end to the pain in sight.   I pray for her all the time.    I mean, I have a home, electricity for heat, abundant food and water, a bathroom and bed of my own, medicine, doctors I can pay for, a spouse who supports and understands me and loves me, family who treasure me, friends who check on me.  And, it still takes regular therapy for me to keep my emotional head above water with this bucket of stuff I have.  Can you imagine carrying this bucket without ANY of that?    Please pray for her with me.  Her name is Lala.

Today I'm grateful for the fact that I am not out in the cold winter wind, that I was not impacted by the tornadoes, and that Christ came to save us all.

EDIT:
Lala was in touch with me about a week ago and is living in another state with some family members.  She is not out in the elements, and is even in therapy.  Thank you Lord!

2 comments:

  1. I will keep her in my prayers. My love to you and Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The issue is sort of haunting me. Up to the Lord, as everything is.

    ReplyDelete