Sunday, October 19, 2014

Now this is just silly

In defense of my behavior, I point out the pain.

If you had walked in on me in my kitchen just now, as my husband just did, you'd have seen the following:  Me, standing at my island, straining my precious milk kefir (as I do every day that I have the energy and strength).  The thing is that it is still mostly liquid, since I didn't mess with the ones I want to be cheese.  And I do try to be neat.  But, sometimes liquids splash.  Sometimes there are little puddles on counters or drops that end up on fingers or arms.  You would have seen me grooming my arms and fingers like a cat to get all that precious milk in me.  AND, you would have seen me bend over and lick my counter tops.  It's true.  I want to get as much of any good thing in me as is humanly possible.  I did scrub my counters beforehand, as I always do when I mess around with my bacteria.  But, I'm not ashamed, I licked my counter top like it was a cookie dough spoon.  Cleaned it as well as my dog would have.

As an observer, I can see how this looks to the untrained, un-pained eye.  It does not taste good.  Milk kefir to me, is a bit like tofu in that it tastes like whatever you combine it with.  (This morning's breakfast was a pumpkin pie smoothie, for example.)  So it isn't like licking chocolate frosting off my arms and fingers.  But, I did it by gosh, and I will rinse and repeat.  I want this to change.  This life.  This painful s%#*!  So, if good bacteria help at all, and I can feel that they do, I will learn the grooming from my sweet cat and the slopping up from my sweet dog, and I WILL get that good stuff in my belly.  After all, who am I impressing???  Just lick it up.  That's what I'd tell a child to do if I knew the surface had been cleaned.

I felt like I needed to be honest and transparent about my kitchen behaviors with y'all.  Thank you for listening.

Have happy happy days


No comments:

Post a Comment