Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I was ahead of myself

So yesterday began feeling my new normal again.  And I was feelin' fine with it.  In fact it had been sitting here writing to a friend on PatientsLikeMe and got up to do one more small chore before lunch, then nap.  Not doing too much or too quickly, I know how to play this game.  I got my bagful of red peppers out of my fridge drawer (they were on sale so I loaded up) and was preparing to wash and then roast them for culturing later.  Put the bag on the counter and the room swam.  And swirled, and swished.  I was holding onto the counter by then.  Vision went black for the count of 2.  I sort of melted to the kitchen floor, thanks to holding the counter.  Didn't land hard or weird or hit my head.  Too weak to get up, and even down there still crazy dizzy.  Butt schooched across the kitchen to my  living room to my wheelchair.  Climbed in in, instantly nauseated.  Back to the kitchen for a ginormous bowl in case of sickness.  Then to the couch.  Had presence of mind to grab cell phone off the breakfast table and take to the couch.  World still spinning, even with eyes closed.  Was not headache based.  Constant dizziness and nausea and profound weakness.  Did not wait to call for help.  Left messages with both neighbors.  Decided if no reply by certain time, would call Tim at work.  Neither neighbor was home but, one came over about 40 min later and cared for me.  Breathing was quite shallow, but I think that's because it was scary.  She brought water, cold cloth, and got me into bed.  Brought me medicine and heating pads and she called Tim to let him know to check me.

Many times in these years I have wanted, longed for someone to take care of me that way but, yesterday was the first time I could not physically manage alone.

I did sleep, and world was still spinning when I moved my head upon waking.  We have walkie-talkies for geocaching and used them for "please bring me some food" requests.  I did not spend any time out of bed.

No more dizziness but, very weak.  Moving around quite like a tortoise.  Already medicated for headache.  9am now.  Have my therapist appt in a couple hours.  Glad she understands cavewoman language.

Tim thinks maybe due to hypostatic blood pressure, when blood pressure plummets from moving head up and down too rapidly.  The hours and hours of dizziness bother me.  Not worried or afraid but, its new.

More grateful than I can say that God put someone close by in my world to physically come to me.  It is truly scary to be alone and need help.  Not something a 45 yr old expects to face.

Tim just called to check and hearing me speak asked me to cancel my appt and please not leave the house.  That's how bad I sound.  lol

So grateful for those who love me.
Prayers of thanksgiving for sweet Vanessa who saw me at my worst and neediest, a true friend.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have such a good, loving support network. It makes all the difference in the world during times of great trial. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it Vicki. In spite of everything, I am so blessed.

    ReplyDelete