Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Delightful Visit to the Doctor

My primary care provider is a nurse practitioner named Janet.  I saw her yesterday.  And she could not stop smiling at me.  I couldn't stop smiling either.    The last time I saw Janet, I'd confessed that I'd asked a stranger to push my wheelchair one day at a large hospital complex when I ran out of steam.  She prescribed a power wheelchair that day.  It's in my dining room.  I used it 3 times, but I'm a good steward of it, keeping it charged so it will remain useful.  That was in January.    It's now late August.  She'd never seen me come to her on my legs with a cane.  And she'd probably only ever seen me without a migraine a couple times.  And she'd not ever heard me tell her that I didn't have any pain.  We just giggled like we were in the 5th grade.  It was fabulous.  I know that it made her day to see me doing so well.

"Who has got you feeling so well?"  Meaning, which doctor has made this happen?

"I did.  I did all this.  Myself. "  Meaning, I OWN this.

"What are you doing?  What about your pain?"

I told her briefly about the neck curve and the chiropractor who I see 3x a week diligently to help correct that.  I told her about the coffee enemas.    I told her about the walking.

"So, coffee enemas changed your life."

"Yes.  Coffee enemas changed my life."

"Tell me about them so I can tell my daughter."  As she grabs a notepad and makes notes.

I told her how I stumbled onto them, how a friend mentioned them about a year ago, and how I really tried them as hope for migraine relief.  The surprise that they'd help reduce inflammation so much that my physical pain is reduced was a ginormous and unexpected bonus.    I told how you have to use the small red tube to get the fluid 8" deep and retain it right there so that all that caffeine can have its 15 minute effect on detoxing the hepatic vessels.   Hold 2 cups for 15 minutes, back to back, or hold 4 cups for 15 minutes.  I explained how this treatment was a 100% reliable migraine reducer for me.  It has never yet failed to reduce a headache.  I do one every 12 hours, and if I get a headache in between, I do a third one that day as treatment for it.    It has literally given me my life back.  It has helped to reduce inflammation to such a degree that I'm no longer hypersensitive.  I tolerate environmental stimuli decently.  I can handle some sunlight.  I can walk.  I frequently leave my house without any mobility aids.  And, I have my whole brain back.  I can think.  I can remember things.  I function. 

She has addressed every need I have presented her.  Whether or not she could prescribe what I needed or wanted, as an NP, she made sure she helped however she could.  But, Western medicine has not been the answer for me.  And she couldn't wait to tell her daughter about it.    That is priceless.  If her daughter has the courage to try them, and her pain is in any way similar to mine on a causal level, I have helped change a life.  As the mother of a woman who lives in unexplained pain, she recognized that if this unconventional, wacky-sounding treatment brought forward the Marie now sitting before her beaming, a version of Marie she'd never before met, she wanted her precious daughter to know about it.  It reduced nearly all of my inflammation.  The new activity level reduces an awful lot also.  Between the two therapies, coffee and walking, I am set.  I am energetic and motivated, and interested in the world at large.   All any of us want is to live well, and for those we love to live well.  I so hope I have helped her and her sweetheart to live better.

The Best Doctor Visit Ever.

She prescribed a rigid hinged knee brace for my left knee subluxation.  I will be able to wear this and continue to grow muscle in my leg while the joint will be prevented from moving laterally and from hyper-extending.   If this one works for me, then we will get a similar one for the right knee, also.  When I told her that last week one day I did over 20,000 steps, she stopped typing and just turned to me with the biggest, brightest smile, and shining eyes.

She wants to see me in 3 months, to see how much better I am then.    Words I've never heard a doctor say.

Grateful.  So, so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. This is incredible, Marie! No words. I am so glad to see your blogs. I missed them. You are a true inspiration. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete