Monday, May 7, 2018

The First of 2018


It’s been a long time since an update for you five folks who follow me. Lol.  Here is what I have been attending to since October. 

On October 14, 2017, I got a migraine, triggered by the smell of a driver.  That headache stayed severe until I was finally hospitalized on December 10.  Administration of IV DHE brought it down from 10 to 5, and that took all 5 inpatient days.  Shortly after returning home, it was severe again.  I began Botox at the end of January.  Beginning in early February, I started seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week.  My neck was found to be curved in the wrong direction.  Now, in late April, I am not debilitated by headache every day. I take my bath by nightlight.  I still have head pain daily, but it is getting better and better.  I got a second Botox treatment in April, and I continue to see chiropractor.  I am photophobic to the point now of needing tinted glasses all the time.  But, I am progressing.  I have successfully switched away from belly sleeping position.  I am working on the Muldowney Protocol for strengthening and stabilizing my muscles, so that joints can be stable, even though the connective tissue is weak.  I have battled depression this winter, not being well enough to leave my bedroom for over 2 months.  But, I am back in therapy, back with friends.  Progress.
So, you could say, it has taken every bit of my energy just to cope with this particular hand of cards for 7 months.  I enjoy writing here so much.  And I think I do have some valuable insights to share sometimes.  I missed it, but it was impossible. 

I am grateful.  I keep gratitude in my heart, as my treasure.  Today, my head pain is still under a 5, while my body pain is at a 9.  I lack strength enough to hold onto a dish.  My quality of life is so much higher than it was a few months ago.  I have support.  People love me and check on me.  I am blessed.  All my basic care and many luxuries are provided for me.

My good friend and writer, Margaret Schroeder, interviewed me part of the way through the winter.  She did a great job.  It is here.  My first podcast appearance, but not my first interview with her.  

The pain I feel is just connected to my Earthly, physical, carbon-based body.  It is not in me.  Not in my soul.  But, it does limit me.  It does affect my soul.  I grieve. 

I’m thankful that now, with less head pain, I can cry again.  Crying with a severe migraine is a no-go.  Now, I can properly express how sad this occasionally feels.  A good one is coming on soon. 

Have happy days.

M

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs have always brought inspiration to me. I know this took a lot out of you. I am grateful that you are in my life. I love you.

    ReplyDelete