Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Short post, changed suddenly

Today, I think, is going to be short because I promised these two poor mongrels that we'd go for a walk.  I'm out of excuses.  It's beautiful.  I'll harness them up and attach them to my wheelchair and we'll go for a Texas Iditarod.

Anyway, I am doing decent, I think.  I can feel a difference from the few different therapies I have begun in the last month.  My POTS symptoms are down a lot.  The dizziness upon changing positions is drastically diminished.   My balance is improved.  I still get very weak and lose muscle tone very suddenly, so the assistive devices continue to be in play.  My mood is great.  I have a supportive and nurturing group of friends who are all walking similar paths to mine.  This is the first time I have had that since I've been sick.   A group to belong to.  I could always feel the void before, only now, there are lovely folks in its place.  A gift from Heaven.

Gotta stop.  Iditarod needed now.  Small dog is about to drive large dog off an edge.  Back later.

OK, Back from adventure.  Bad news.  I haven't done it before, but you can fall out of a wheelchair.  I am not injured but a lot of raw emotion is coursing through me that needs to be processed.  So, I'm not going to write anymore right now.  Need to cry and nurture myself.  Worse news, a car is willing to drive by a woman who is on the ground in a heap next to a collapsed wheelchair with 2 dogs tied and sitting there by her.  Who does that?

Thankful that I am not physically injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment